Sunday, October 31, 2010

A couple of weeks ago, I made an exciting discovery at Costco - this beautiful dress for Marina. Some of you may recognize it as the same dress Marina wore to my wedding. She was so cute, and I was very sad when that dress did not fit her anymore. So, I was thrilled to find the same dress in a size six for her. Now she can wear the dress that warms my heart for another few years! Hooray!
Lincoln got some big news at his last visit to the dentist - his grown up teeth don't have any room to grow into his mouth. Look at the X-ray to see:
So, Lincoln is going to get spacers to move his teeth apart to make room for all the teeth that are stuck underneath with no where to go. Lincoln was very brave for his x-rays and for all the molds that he had to have made. He should get his spacers the first part of December - Merry Christmas!
The new favorite pastime at our house has been an iPod game called Plants vs. Zombies. Lincoln, Marina, and I all love this game. Marina's favorite zombie-battling plant is the jalapeno pepper. Marina has her own name for them though.





We have been making some fun preparations for Halloween. We painted mini pumpkins. Carving pumpkins only lasted through scraping out one pumpkin, so we drew faces on big pumpkins. We also made and decorated Halloween cookies. I was trying to keep the kids from eating too much candy (we had just been to the dentist this month), so after a few pieces, I told the kids they could only eat the candy on one of their decorated cookies once we were done with them. Marina, being extremely resourceful, came up with the following decorated cookie:

Finally trick or treat day arrived! I have to say that I am glad we trick or treated on Saturday, because I don't think I could have handled another full day of being asked how long until they could put their costumes on. Marina decided at the last minute that she did not want to be Belle, but wanted to wear her new red dress and be the Queen of Hearts. Well, with a little pinch hitting, we turned in a great Queen of hearts costume and she really got into her role.



Lincoln was a ninja assassin. He certainly knew the stealth moves!


Happy Halloween from the Pauls!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers